HM Revenue & Customs is aiming to crack down on small firms employing poor record keeping practice in a bid to reduce unpaid taxes. They advise "If you don't have the best skill to do it yourself then you should really get someone on board who does. You just need to be meticulous about the records that you keep – you can't let anything slide”. HMRC agents have threatened to carry out follow-up checks on firms placed on the mandatory pilot scheme for poor record keeping. We will explain what records are required and providing that you supply them to us in a timely manner, we can take care of all of your bookkeeping requirements and, if you wish, we can also prepare regular management accounts. However, if you prefer to maintain control of your bookkeeping, we can put a system in place that you feel comfortable with then extract the information to prepare your annual accounts. With our experience, we can easily take away the hassle of bookkeeping. We offer fixed competitive fees that are payable monthly so that you can spread out the book keeping costs.
The last thing you want in your business is to have valuable time and resources tied up with routine bookkeeping and accounting.
That's something we can do for you, either at your office or at ours.
We begin by discussing your specific requirements with you and then we set up appropriate accounting procedures and controls and ensure your accounts are kept fully up-to-date and in compliance with statutory regulations.
But we don't stop there. We can also provide you with regular management accounts to keep you informed on essential areas
• Prepare accounts to help in completion of self-assessment tax returns;
• Produce financial statements to file at Companies House and abbreviated accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
Accounts are prepared to agreed timescales and deadlines
But we can do more than just report the history of what's already happened...
• Identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability;
• Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements;
• Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.
We take the time to explain your accounts to you so that you understand what is going on financially within your business, helping you to plan for the future.